LivingHellhl2rp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A HL2rp dedicated Server We do not tolerate People who join to just troll

RP Guide For Dummies by Wolfz0rz

Wolfz0rz
    Admin

RP Guide For Dummies by Wolfz0rz Empty RP Guide For Dummies by Wolfz0rz

Post  Wolfz0rz Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Okay hello newcomer, Welcome to our RP server for HL2!

Today you will be learning how to RP correctly, and become a successful RPer

Lets begin with the simple Chat commands and Out of Character commands

[[ or .// Is Local Out of character.[/b]. Its when you talk about something, or about the IC subject Out of Character
    This is what it would look like if you were typing something Locally Out of character
    [[Hey guys how do i talk LOOCly
    or
    .//Hey guys how do i talk LOOCly
    I would prefer [[

What does OOC mea[/u]n? - It means Out of Character... When you talk about something out of characterly
    What does LOOC mea[/u]n? - It means Local Out of Character.. When you talk about something Local Out of characterly

What does ICly Me[/u]an? - Something that you say In-characterly Happened
    What does OOCly mea[/u]n? - Something that you say Out-of-characterly that happened like "I oocly killed someone"

Now time for RP commands
    The -/me comm[/u]and- Is a command in which you perform an Action. There is different ways to perform a /me
    For example:
    * Wolfz0rz attempts to hit the citizen with his stunstick
    This is you would have to /roll. I will tell you about the /roll Function later
    Now every /me that has to involve something Physical usually requires a /roll. Such as lifting a crate by yourself. Or shooting someone Directly at them so its not Fail Shoot to Miss

/It Command - Is A command where a Object, or a type of effect is played like
    /it Everyone feels a vibe to eat
    or
    /it The computer turns on
    This command is easy to learn, and can be used to enhance roleplay.

The ? command- This is the thing where it says, Somebody says "Text here"
    This is how it would look like if you typed it
    ? Hi
    or
    ? Hello
    It would say... Somebody says "Hi"
    Or... Somebody says "Hello."

The /roll Command - This is when you are rolling to make a successful attempt. You would type this and press enter. Notice both players must do /roll if whoever is highest wins the /me and then they counter-react it with their /me for example
    Citizen has used /me attempts to run away
    Citizen has used /roll
    Citizen has rolled 12 out of 100
    Combine has used /roll
    Combine has rolled 96 out of 100
    Then the combine's reaction would be
    * Wolfz0rz Grabs ahold of the citizen before he can run away.
    Its your /me, you make it creative

Now Citizen, lets talk about another subject
    Types of RP you must follow

Pain RP- When you get shot by a pistol or punched, actually picture yourself getting shot and be in pain... Ar2 pulse ammo is basically a Pulse round that burns through you. You will feel extreme pain
    Also if you get shot, you are disabled to run.. or jump... To much pain

Fear RP - When you see a higher rank, or someone with a gun that could kill you.. You should be scared... You also should be scared of the MPF no matter what, some citizens (Resistance) will scare you aswell.

EnergyRp - Okay this doesnt even come similar to the energy bar... This is ICly a weight restriction, if you pick up a crate in real life (IRL) you would be tired afterwards because the crate is heavy...
    Same goes for Running, you cant just drink breens water and be all good to go....
    You have to RP resting, That even means you have a energy requirement... When the Event says or dispatch says "Its now 9:30 Pm...." You start to feel tired, if you stay awake, then around 10:30 you will be asleep...

Passive Rp- This is when you passively rp something like opening a door. Hanging out with a friend.. Or just being bored and have nothing to do..

I think i explained most of the RP sessions we have.
    Good luck new player!

What is S2M - This is Shoot to Miss, you always shoot to miss when in a firefight if i catch you killing someone im going to kick you as a warning

What is S2K- Shoot to Kill, this is when your like two feet infront of the player you can shoot to kill him

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 pm